Threats and Ultimatums
You are warned however that any resistance to lawful authority will be drastically dealt with.
ENOCH MGIJIMA and ALL associated with him and styling themselves "ISRAELITES" at NTABELANGA.
YOU ARE HEREBY NOTIFIED that upon instructions of the government, I have come to Queenstown and will arrive at Ntabelanga on Monday the 23rd instant with adequate force to carry out certain orders which are detailed hereunder namely:-
1. To arrest certain men against whom warrants have been issued in order that they should be dealt with according to law.
2. To see that all unauthorized residents leave Ntabelanga and go back to where they came from.
3. To destroy all houses erected without authority.
4. On completion of these operations a Force will be left on Ntabelanga to prevent any unauthorised resident squatting there.
Every one's person and property will be respected.
YOU ARE WARNED however that any resistance to lawful authority will be drastically dealt with.
South African Police
21st May 1921
- Letter from Colonel Theo Truter to Enoch Mgijima, May 21, 1921, National Archives, Pretoria, Jus. Vol 288, Ref. 2/853/20